In addition to the information on this website, you might find the following publications and links useful.
- PFAS National Environmental Management Plan (NEMP) - outlines consistent environmental management requirements that regulators across Australia have agreed on.
- The National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme (NICNAS) - requires importers and manufacturers of new PFAS to provide certain information, and provide information about PFAS already in use in Australia. NICNAS is also responsible for import and export controls on perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and select PFOS precursors.
- National Environment Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure - provides a nationally consistent approach to the assessment of site contamination.
- Intergovernmental Agreement on a National Framework for Responding to PFAS Contamination - provides specific guidance on actions at PFAS contaminated sites.
- South Australia's ban on fluorinated firefighting foams - this ban came into effect on 30 January 2018 and includes a two-year grace period to help industry transition to fluorine-free fighting foam to meet the requirements of the ban.
- Queensland's Environmental Management of Firefighting Foam policy - this policy came into effect on 7 July 2019. It sets standards to be met by anyone who handles, transports, disposes, stores, uses, or releases firefighting foams in Queensland.
- Visit our PFAS Advice page to find who to contact regarding any specific PFAS management requirements in your state or territory.