Licensing of website material
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (the Department) encourages the dissemination and exchange of public sector information provided on this website on an open and reusable basis.
The Commonwealth of Australia owns the copyright in all material produced by the Department.
All material presented on this website is provided under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence, with the exception of:
- the Coat of Arms of the Commonwealth of Australia
- the Department's logo
- content supplied by third parties, and
- other materials specifically not provided under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence.
The details of the relevant licence conditions are available on the Creative Commons website, as is the full legal code for the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
The Department's social media channels
- you may use all material posted by the Department on these channels under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence, and
- material posted by any person other than the Department, such as public users of the Department's social media channels, is deemed to be made available to you by that person under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence as a condition of use of that channel.
Material obtained from this website is to be attributed to the Department as: © Commonwealth of Australia 2019.
Third party copyright
Wherever a third party holds copyright in material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material and you should contact that party directly.
The Department has made all reasonable efforts to:
- clearly label material where the copyright is owned by a third party, and
- ensure that the copyright owner has consented to the material being presented on this website.
No circumvention of terms
You must check and comply with the licensing information for each piece of material that you wish to use. This may require you to contact the Department or the third party copyright owner for permission to use the material. You may also use any material in accordance with rights you may have under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), for example under the fair dealing provisions or statutory licences.
Use of material in a way not permitted by this copyright notice may be an infringement of copyright. Infringing copyright may expose you to legal action by, and liability to, the copyright owner.
Using the Coat of Arms of the Commonwealth of Australia
Using the Department's logo
The Department's logo is a registered trademark of the Commonwealth of Australia.
The logo must not be used without the prior, specific, written permission of the Commonwealth of Australia. If you wish to seek permission, please contact the Department.
For any enquiries about this notice, please contact:
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2610
Telephone: +61 2 6274 1111